08 October 2010

I like it on the...

I like it on the back of the door.

Many of you know the: "I like it on the..." postings on Facebook and Twitter are in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. What the status updates really refer to (other than what it sounds like!) is a favorite place for your purse. Breast cancer affects almost every family in some way. I know when my Grandma (pictured below with my mom and her 2 sisters on her 70th birthday!) was diagnosed a few years back we were all upset and confused. But mostly we just wanted her to be "better." Thank God, after much treatment she is now in remission and gets screened, regularly.

Being a part of a family full of women, I am here promoting screenings, doctors visits and being well informed! Although it may take a couple hours worth of Googling, that would be time spent better than 9 months worth of chemo, radiation and a possible mastectomy. Please visit: http://www.nbcam.org/ for more information on Breast Cancer, early detection and support. Breast Cancer is not a gender specific disease, pass the word!



Nancy, Lisa, Grandma Donna, Mary (mother)

Katie, Kendra & Marissa

No comments:

Post a Comment